Yesterday was a ton of fun at the Winter Classic in D.C. Boy was the end exciting! I will have much more on this and all my other D.C. happenings on Monday but today I want to talk about goals.
- Main Goal: Stay injury free so I can run all of my intended races.
- Master the half! I have really only raced one half marathon. I have ran quite a few but they were for marathon training runs. So this is going to be the year of the half. I would love to run a sub 1:40.
- Complete a Triatholon – more to come on this soon with my Esprit de She Ambassadorship
- Record my miles for the year. I am not going to set a goal number because I have nothing to go off of and I want to cut my miles during training because I find the more miles I do a week the more suseptable I am to injury.
- Qualify for Boston [a goal I have each and every year until I do it]. I am planning on only running one full this year so this might be a lofty goal, but I like to set the bar high.
Personal & Personal Health Goals
- Cut unnecessary sugar from my diet to try and curb my sweet tooth
- Do yoga for at least an hour each week. This will help me stay injury free by stretching any nagging muscles
- Be less stressed! Wouldn’t everyone like this? I want to try and eliminate things that make me stressed or at least mitigate them.
- Get stronger – keep focusing on strength workouts. Especially my glutes and core
- This one is a given – complete my Master’s Program! But because I am writing a thesis I have the entire year to complete it. I want to set a time limit on it – Complete my thesis by Labor Day.
- Create more content posts [how to’s, recipes] based on what my readers liked in 2014
- Create a weekly newsletter for subscribers
- Host more giveaways of products I love
- Work on making Lake Shore Runner more user friendly to find old posts!
- Work on using more social media outlets [Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter] to connect with more readers
I am a little sad because this is my last day with family. I fly out tomorrow. It seems like just yesterday I was flying home. As my Grandma always says – Good things have to come to an end in order for them to happen again.
Enjoy your weekend!
- What is one of your 2015 Goals?
- How was your New Years?