Happy Friday! Right now I am flying high in the sky on my way to San Francisco for the weekend. Thanks again to everyone who sent over their suggestions last Friday – I can’t wait to try them out! As always, you can follow me on my travels on Twitter and Instagram. I will be back on Tuesday with my first recap! But make sure to stop in on Monday for my first Meatless Monday post.
I am really excited for today’s post. Sproing Sport offered me an opportunity to host a free Sproing class for my readers on Monday October 27th at 7 p.m. The timing could not be more perfect with a lot of runners recovering from their fall marathon and a lot of runners moving inside to treadmills because of cooler temps.
For those of you who do not live in Chicago I know I have probably lost your interest. But scroll down to the bottom to watch the video at the end. I promise it is worth your 2 minutes!!
I have mentioned Sproing several times on the blog because I truly love and stand behind the workout. For the month of September I went to Sproing 4 or more times a week and saw a definite change in my body. Mainly my arms. If my praise for the workout is not enough here are some other proven facts of why Sproing is so great:
- Sproing offers a class that incorporates both running and strength with 50% less impact on your body than a treadmill.
- Sproing’s soft surfaces impact joints significantly less than a treadmill: 50% less on the knees, 41% less on the back, 32% less on the ankles
- Sproing does not all for heel striking
- Treadmills force heel striking which is a major cause of injury
- Sproing SIMULATES real running
About the class:
- 30 minute HIIT workout with 20 second intervals and 10 second rest. Class begins with a 10 minute dynamic warm-up to go over the exercises that will be in the workout. After the workout you cool down with 5 minutes of stretching
- 20 seconds doesn’t seem to hard. Right? WRONG, trust me. Sometimes those 20 seconds feel like minutes.
- High intensity quick bursts of movement
- One of the coaches at Sproing, Amanda, always says: “You can do anything for 20 seconds.”
And if all of these facts don’t convince you to try it out, I think this guy will…
Spots are limited so make sure you sign-up ASAP if interested! I can’t wait to see/meet everyone on the 27th. No better way to hangout than to sweat together
What: Lake Shore Runner Event at Sproing
Where: Sproing Sport
When: Monday October 27th at 7 p.m.
Why: Cause why not? Who doesn’t love getting a good sweat in and meeting new people!